We are part of a system created to support substance abuse prevention
Minnesota Prevention Resource Center is one provider within a system of support services for people and organizations to engage in addressing the root causes of substance abuse. Together, this system provides the information, in-person support, and data to be effective, save time, implement best practices, and grow substance abuse prevention in more Minnesota communities!
Minnesota Prevention Resource Center
Providing the information you need by:
- Sharing stories of Minnesota community-based prevention work in action.
- Hosting Minnesota’s annual statewide prevention conference.
- Hosting ongoing trainings in prevention basic skills and prevention ethics.
- Providing an easy-to-search, online collection of prevention resources.
- Communicating essential news and information on prevention work in Minnesota.
Working to help you start and grow prevention efforts in your community through personalized support and consultation on:
- Where to begin
- Getting the right people to the table
- Creating a plan
- Putting the work into action
- Figuring out what’s working and what’s not
Providing impactful data to help you make decisions, monitor trends, share data effectively with stakeholders, and establish priorities with your community. This tool:
- Gives you access to data on the use patterns, consequences, and contributing factors of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs in Minnesota.
- Allows you to view this data by topic, location, or demographic categories.
- Helps you easily create custom charts, maps, or data tables.
- Provides you with ready-to-use data factsheets, reports, and tip sheets available for download.
This system of three support services is funded by the Minnesota Department of Human Services, Behavioral Health Division. Minnesota Prevention Resource Center was established in 1978, the Regional Prevention Coordinators in 2005, and Substance Use in Minnesota in 2008.